Friday, May 24, 2013

Games Dawson is Looking Forward To

Over the course of this summer, many games will earn my attention by releasing trailers and information. Here are a few that have caught my attention.
Beyond Two Souls
This game is made by the makers of Heavy Rain, which is one of the most depressing games ever made. Anyways, the plot line is that you play a girl that is bounded to a supernatural spirit named Ivan. Anyways, I have not heard much about it, and the only things I have seen are the official and gameplay trailers that have been released. Just by these pieces of media, I can already tell that the game will be amazing.
Rome II Total War
Set to come out September 3rd, this game has been under my observation since was announced. I have always been a fan of the Total War series, and it was in fact Rome Total War that made me fall in love with this series. In this new addition to the series, there are many improvements that have been announced. These improvements include naval invasions and bombardments, new key decisions, and unique factions with different units and technologies that they can research. Personally, I am very excited at the prospect of a Spartan naval invasion. Its like pure awesomeness (Spartans) times 10 (Naval Invasion). Athens has nothing on this.
Company of Heroes 2
This is a game that I haven't really paid close attention to, but I am still looking forward to it. The first game was set during WW2, on the Western Front. This game changes to the more brutal and bloody Eastern Front, where the German and Russian forces duke it out. One of the few unique features is that the battlefield changes depending on if it is winter or summer. If it is summer, there are checkpoints along the river where the enemy has to cross. The winter freezes the water, and your troops can cross over the ice that forms. This may seem like a good thing, but if they call an artillery strike on your tanks while they are on the frozen ice, the tanks will sink. Also, the cold winter will literally damage your troops, forcing you to build fires in order to protect and heal them. 
These are just the games that quickly come to mind. I hope that I have interested you in these games, and maybe even spread my enthusiasm to you. Have a nice summer, and more posts are on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment